Chabad of Downtown hosts over 200 visitors each year.
Whether you are visiting Toronto for work or on vacation, we would love to have you.
What services does Chabad of Downtown host?
Is there an eruv in downtown Toronto?
No, there is no eruv in downtown Toronto.
Are there Kosher restaurants downtown?
Visit COR for a list of kosher dining options in Toronto. Kosher options downtown are highly limited.
- King David Pizza (Mount Sinai Hospital), 600 University Avenue (10-20 mins), $$: Kosher menu items including pizza, falafel, bourekas and more.
- Bannock Cafe, 401 Bay Street (7-15 mins), $$: sandwiches and sushi
- NOTE: The Cafe is not kosher, but offers sealed Kosher items from an outside supplier
- Second Cup locations, $$ sandwiches and baked goods (Note: The Cafe is not kosher only sealed items from Grodzinski Bakery)
- 145 King Street W, (5-10 mins) Adelaide Centre
- 40 King Street W, (6-12 mins) Scotia Place
- 333 Bay Street, (7-15 mins)
- 600 University Avenue (10-20 mins) Mount Sinai Hospital and SickKids
- 30 Bond Street, (10-20 mins) St. Michael’s Hospital
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated nor do we endorse any restaurant. Travel time from Chabad was estimated using the car and bus function of Google Maps.
Does Chabad of Downtown have weekday minyans?
What are some Shabbat-friendly hotels close to Chabad of Downtown?
There are no formal shabbat-friendly hotels. For example, all the hotels use electric keys. While most of them are sensitive to your needs, some will be more accommodating than others.
- Soho Metropolitan Hotel, 313 Wellington St W, (1 mins), $281-$496
- NOTE: They are more of a boutique hotel and are very accommodating to Shabbat observant guests. At times they allow a Motzei Shabbos checkout, and only charge you for a day and half stay.
- Residence Inn by Marriot Toronto Downtown, 255 Wellington St W, (3 mins), $298-$899
- Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, 30 Mercer Street, (4 mins), $335-$631
- Hyatt Regency Toronto, 370 King St W, (5 mins), $304-721
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated nor do we endorse any hotel. Travel time was estimated using Google Maps and price range using TripAdvisor.ca on July 31st, 2017.